1. Start with a box, fishing tackle boxes work well, or a box you have on hand.
2. Add adhesive tape, 1 inch wide.
3. Gauze bandages, 1 inch rolls.
4. Absorbent cotton.
5. Sterile gauze pads, 3x3 inches
6. Cotton-tipped swabs (like for your ears).
7. Rubbing alcohol.
8. Rectal thermometer. (Mom can't we leave this one out?)
11. Sharp scissors with rounded ends.
12. Dr. Gerstenfeld, D.V.M. recommends these products also: Kaopectate, for Diarrhea & Vomiting and stomach upsets. Antibiotic ointment for skin irritations.
13. Hydrogen peroxide 3%, for inducing vomiting if poisoned and cleaning wounds. Activated charcoal, to absorb poison.
ATTENTION PLEASE READ: Mom got this information from Taking Care of Your Cat, A Complete Guide to Your Cat's Medical Care, by Sheldon L. Gerstenfeld, V.M.D. Please call you own VET before using the things listed in 12 & 13 to check that it is okay to use for your cats.