1. Talk to your cats often. They love to hear their own name and your voice. And 95% of cat owners admit they talk to their cats.
2. Cats, giraffes and camels are the only animals that step with both left legs then right legs when they walk or run.
3. Ever find your cat glued to the window watching a bird making a strange chattering noise and clicking his/her jaws? Your cat is merely acting on instinct. It is directly related to the killing bite that all cats, domestic and wild, use to dispatch their prey.
4. Cats use the phenomenon of Psi-trailing to find their owners in a place they have never been before. They sometimes will travel up to hundreds and thousands of miles.
5. Love cats you're a ailurophile. Don't like cats you're a ailurophobe.
6. The only cat species able to hold its tail vertically while walking is the domestic cat. All wild cats hold it either horizontally or tucked between their legs when walking.
7. The African Wild Cat, which still exists today, is the ancestor of all domestic cats.
8. The only animal that walks on its claws and not the pads of its feet, is the Cat. "Digitgrade" is this what this method of walking is called.
9. If you have high blood pressure, it has been scientifically proven that petting a cat can lower it.
10. Cats are not color blind as first believed. They can see blue, green and red.
11. Cats have the largest eyes of any mammal, in relation to their body size.
12. Did you know that a cat can be either right-pawed or left-pawed.
13. And last, but not least and all of us Cats already knew this. Drum roll. Ta! Ta! Ta! Cats, not dogs, are the most common pet in America, approximately 66 million cats to 58 million dogs.